Preventive Dental Care
An ounce of preventive dental care is certainly worth all the amazing pounds of benefits you will find in keeping your teeth in great shape, especially since, according to the American Dental Association, nearly half of all adults suffer from some form of gum disease.
Since your teeth are one of the only physical attributes that cannot be hidden, your smile must be preserved at its highest quality. And, because both natural and restorative teeth survive best in an environment that is continually clean and free from food particles, prevention is the only resource you have to preserve your teeth and protect your smile.
Whether you are on a job interview, a first date, seeing an old acquaintance or meeting a new one, your smile is your first impression.
Preventive dental care will make all the difference in avoiding any decline that might reduce your best smile.
The expert preventive dental care program at the office of Dr. Igantowicz is designed to:
- help prevent new cavities
- preserve teeth that have been restored
- manage periodontal disease
Your initial visit will include:
- an anxiety-free oral exam
- thorough teeth cleaning
- instructions on your very own personal oral hygiene program
- reinforcement of your prevention steps at each subsequent visit
Our expert preventive dental care program includes continual updates regarding your oral health needs, including any changes to your gums, teeth or any signs of periodontal disease. Your visits will also include updates on your overall health as we look for signs that could affect your teeth and/or gums.
Any effective preventive dental care program includes an aggressive and proper oral hygiene program at home. Let us help you select the proper toothbrush and toothbrush for your custom oral hygiene program.
You can have the smile you’ve always wanted. How do we know? Because we have helped countless others achieve and maintain the smile they’ve always dreamed about.
Until then, the following dental care program is recommended:
- brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum
- floss every night in an up and down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface
- avoid smoking
- avoid sticky sugary foods and carbonated drinks
- eat a well-balanced diet
- use an antiseptic and/or fluoride rinse as directed
- have sealants placed on young permanent teeth
Get started today by letting us create a custom program for you and your teeth, so that you will always have a smile you can be proud of.